Originally, this college was the Royal palace built by DYMM Sultan
Ala’eddin Sulaiman Shah in 1820’s. His Royal Prince, Almarhum Sultan Sir
Hisamuddin Alam Shah built the Istana Jemaah in 1930’s. On 24th Dis
1945, it was in this palace that DYMM Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah was
born. Later on, both the Istana Jemaah and the surrounding land were
given by Sultan Sir Hisamuddin Alam Shah for Islamic College of Malaya.
Islamic College of Malaya was officiated by HRM on 8th April 1955. In
1967 Kolej Islam Malaya was changed to Klang Islamic College. Later in
1972, Klang Islamic College was chosen to be residential Islamic school.
On 12th Jun 1989 Almarhum DYMM Sultan Salehuddin Abdul Aziz Shah had
honoured Klang Islamic College by changing its name to what is known
today as Sultan Alam Shah Islamic College. SASIC continuing its
tradition and legacy of excellance has been chosen to be as Cluster
School in 2007. In 2010 Sultan Alam Shah Islamic College is chosen as
one of the High Performance School.